Look Away


Don't look to deeply into my eyes
you might just see into my soul
on the outside is all you want or need
what you see now is a facade
because what is real, is in ruins

floods of tears had came
and rushed away all my pride
then the drought of sorrow arrived
it left my soul barren, thickened with shame
because, I'm truly not strong as I seem

I hope you've never noticed how I smile
it never reaches my eyes,
coded with cold thoughts my subconscious whispers
such strong cowardice is behind my placid actions
I know it might be hard, but pretend I'm perfect as I seem

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind of like Locked away in a mask?
Shielding others from your pain.

I dig this.. From afar you can see how happy I choose to let you see that I am.. But if you get really close you may see the sadness..

Walking with your head down so the eyes do not tell on you!!

This right here is Excellent.. It depicts a mask that everyone has wore at least once in their life!

 
Copyright © Laugh and Follow