Pick me up

"Great legs, what time do they open?"
Your friends might find this hilarious, but you're certainly not getting anywhere with her by trying this pick up line. Anytime you imply that a good-looking girl is easy because she's dressed provocatively & in a bar, you're committing a huge mistake. If she's hot, would she really be interested in hearing you belittle her? & it's not witty, it's just insulting.

"Hey girl, what's up? Guess what? It's your lucky day. Out of all the girls here, I picked you to talk to."
Confidence is always good, but when it crosses the line into arrogance, you won't be having much luck with the ladies.

"Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk past again?"
Kind of funny, yes, but you want to know why it's so bad? Too cocky. This type of pick up lines has got egomaniac written all over it.

"Excuse me, I think you owe me a drink. Because when I saw you from across the room I dropped mine."
Not only will this trigger the bullsh*t detector on most girls, but you're bound to get labelled a cheapskate to boot. At this point, you shouldn't be asking her for things but instead, offering to make her life better in some small way - or at least buy her a drink.

What does work however is to use a charming, sincere, & witty pick up line. Another area that is a quick turn off is to use a pick up line that sounds like a pick up line. Women want to hear a conversation starter, not a pick up line. So, make sure that you fine tune your pick up line & present it in a way that opens dialogue & is a form of communication, not a command that demeans the woman's character.

When you first meet a woman, unless you want a slap in the face, your pick line should be complimentary in nature, not overtly sexual. Here are the few good pick up lines that you can use as conversation starters.

"Besides being gorgeous, what else do you do for a living?"
This is a great pick up line because it opens with a compliment & is then followed by a sincere question - what line of work are you in. It is a two fold compliment; the first says that the woman is beautiful, the second that you are interested in her area of work, or her brains. Make sure you say it with a genuine & sincere smile & it will work like a charm.

"Heaven called, they said they're missing an angel. No, seriously, where are you from?"
This pick up line plays on the heaven/angel theme - a very common topic used in pick up lines. But this one leads into a conversational topic. Often, people use pick up lines & then are left dumbfounded with nothing else to say. Always follow your pick up line with a question or a comment that elicits a response.

"I only have a minute before I must get back to my friends, but I wanted to introduce myself to you."
This line is more formal & old fashioned, but it takes the edge off. Most women tend to shy away from men who they think may become instant stalkers. By letting her know from the beginning that you aren't planning on monopolizing her time, she will be more receptive to your introduction & conversation.

"The only thing your body language isn't telling me is your name."
This line is a bit more straightforward & should be used only when you are positive that you & the woman have made that first connection. It is another great starting point that leads into an introduction.

Remember guys, don't take pick up lines so seriously, or it's bound to fail. Let your guard down a bit, & make it clear that you're aware of the cliched approach you're taking. The girl may not swoon, but she'll probably think you're cool enough to carry on a conversation with. The rest is up to you ;)

7 comments:

Lucifer said...

nah!!! pick up lines i think is d worst idea...its always nice to b natural...works every time

sanely insane said...

there's a difference between witty and smart assy and diff things will work with diff women...

best if u can make eye contact and she holds it for a few seconds...

but i really wouldnt go with ne of those above lines...very lame...

Goth Girl said...

mayz

indeed and then again some do work :P

sanely insane

what would your line be then?

sanely insane said...

there's no one line...infact there's never a line...

i've not done many pick ups in pubs...though i've had to turn one down (even we men get opportunities like this :P )

but if i had to and i have...i look out for opportunities for an opening line...

they need not be the most brilliant of lines that authors use in their books...

once in a train during collg...there was a cute girl..sitting and reading her book in the side berth...now my berth was two rows further down...and she was alone...so i took out my own..i think it was a john grisham...

went to her and said "there's a crowd sitting on my berth, mind if i park myself here and read in peace"

any other day any other girl...may have shot me down...that day that girl..didn't...sat down...read my book...then...conversation happened after that...etc etc...

if it were a pub..i'd wait for her to go to the bar to pick up a drink...move next to her...and hope an intelligent opening line would strike me... :P

Anonymous said...

I have read this earlier but could not comment because I Was at office!

Girl I agree with mayz, I hate Pickup lines they sound so freaking Cheesy! lol

I like that flirts back and forth that are obvious for only one that it is intended for!!

Ne

Goth Girl said...

sanely insane, you seem too smart :D

Neism, haa
cheesy is the word girl and honestly it freaks me out when my bf throws me one line after another just to piss me off!

George said...

Love your blog.

 
Copyright © Laugh and Follow