A Toy Story

for SUNDAY SCRIBBLING

Here I am sitting,
At a corner of a room.
Unwanted, broken,
Missing the days
I spent with her.

I remember it clearly,
One fated sunny day,
I was brought home.

Back then I was loved,
Back then she cared,
Back then I was happy,
I have found my home.

I miss the times
She played with me.
How she hugged me,
And brought me with her to sleep.

Now it has changed,
She’s finished with me.
I was left alone,
No longer was I loved.

So here I am sitting,
At a corner of a room.
Unwanted, broken,
Forgotten all together.

13 comments:

2cats said...

Poor little bear.
Reminded me of Puff the Magic Dragon."

Anonymous said...

I feel like that sometimes!How sad.

Marja said...

Very nice the live of a pre loved toy

~Kathryn~ said...

i bet not totally forgotten

Americanising Desi said...

good one :)

Dee Martin said...

Makes me want to pick him up and give him a squench!

Understanding Alice said...

thats beautiful... and the very sentiment that has caused me to keep my most treasured teddys :)

Tumblewords: said...

Ah, darn. Poor toys... I think some of those feelings could relate to humans as well. Nicely written!

Mary Rose said...

very nicely attempted

Patois42 said...

Ah, the tears I shed at Puff and Toy Story 2.

Jennifer Hicks said...

the oatmeal teddy nearly broke my heart. all alone....

Anonymous said...

How poignant.. It resembled to the feeling of a mother, I think, when one decides to conquer the world and leave their parents behind.

Other can reach my submission at:
http://tyuditha.wordpress.com

Goth Girl said...

thank you all

 
Copyright © Laugh and Follow